I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Thursday, October 01, 2026

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings - Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 8-3-2008 | Albums That Should Exist

 Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 8-3-2008 - Gillian Welch & David Rawlings

Paul he say: Here's another album from the 2008 Newport Folk Festival. This time, it's a set by Gillian Welch and David Rawlings. Technically, it was billed just as a Gillian Welch performance, but David Rawlings played a prominent role. Since they have usually been billed a duo in the years since, I did that here to be consistent with other albums I may post from them.

As usual, the music here is unreleased and the sound quality is excellent. However, there was a problem with the last song, "Jackson." I was able to patch the problem though. That's why that one song has "[Edit]" in its title.

Speaking of "Jackson," it's one of two cover versions here. The other one is "Gone at Last."

This album is an hour and one minute long.

01 talk by emcee 
02 Look at Miss Ohio 
03 talk
04 I Want to Sing That Rock and Roll
05 talk 
06 Lawman 
07 talk 
08 My First Lover
09 talk 
10 No One Knows My Name 
11 talk 
12 Throw Me a Rope 
13 Gamblin' Man 
14 talk 
15 Red Clay Halo 
16 talk 
17 Knuckleball Catcher 
18 talk 
19 Sweet Tooth
20 Orphan Girl 
21 talk 
22 Gone at Last 
23 talk 
24 Jackson [Edit] 

(all tracks Gillian Welch & David Rawlings)

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings - Red Clay Halo - 8/3/2008 - Newport Folk Festival (Official)

The Levon Helm Band + Gillian Welch David Rawlings & friends - The Weight @ The Newport Folk Festival (Aug 3, 2008)

No comments: