I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Sunday, October 04, 2026

Roddy Frantz - Chris Frantz’s sad family news

 Chris Frántz the Drummer of The Talking Heads let us know on Facebook about the death of his brother

Now I am ashamed to say I didn't know of him the band or his music nor who he had worked with and the Warhol Museum connection with people I used to work with. The Eno/ Urban Verbs track below came as a revelation

"Have a kind thought for my brother Roddy Frantz who passed away yesterday afternoon after long struggle with health issues. He was surrounded by his family and friends. He is best known as the vocalist and lyricist for the avant- rock band Urban Verbs who made two great albums and for his work supporting the arts and environment in Pittsburgh and Connecticut. He was on the board of directors of The Warhol Museum. More recently, he had made a record as Nicki Butane with some good friends called Flameproof Mascara. As his brother, I have always been very proud of him. He is survived by his sons Max and Charles Frantz, his grandchildren Sam and Amy Frantz and his sister Ruth Frantz. A memorial service is being planned for some time next month."

URBAN VERBS with Brian Eno



No comments: