portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, February 25, 2018



Terribly sad and shocked to learn of the death of Emma Chambers at a mere 53, the brilliantly funny actor from Vicar of Dibley where she played the almost legendary halfwit 'Alice Tinker' who we all seem to have adored and the equally ditzy 'Honey' in Notting Hill who embarrasses herself in front of Julia Roberts' character (Richard Curtis the common denominator here you'll note)



Whenever I saw here interviewed I was always struck by how lovely she was in real life and also how pretty. Her characters seemed gormless but they were the work of a genius character actor IMHO

So sad for her husband and family friends and loved ones

The BBC had it about covered here



I was regularly humped like this by the unique & beautiful spark that was Emma Chambers. I never minded. I loved her. A lot .


she will be sorely missed . . . . .

No comments: