portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, July 01, 2018

I caught this biographic tv film on Eric Clapton last night by chance and it reduced me to tears and I was astonished by how frank and honest it is. This film was harrowing and depicted scenes of Eric drug taking and drinking that showed the depths of his addiction, the affects of the death of his little boy Connor and his rallying getting himself together and involving himself around the world in recovery and the lengths he has gone to in his efforts to help others through setting up the  'Crossroads' 12 Step rehabilitation centre 
Catch it if you can . . . . . . . 



Crossroads 

1 comment:

Roop said...

Yes, Nice one. I agree. I went to see him at Hyde Park, the week that the film was aired on BBC. He was brilliant, I'm fortunate that I've never seen him do a bad show, BUT I know that there have been some self-indulgent stinkers. I saw him in '67 with Cream and have been there to see him whenever possible. I just love what he does and how we all know he helped turn us all on to the Blues. I, for one, thank him for highlighting the force-of-nature which is Howlin' Wolf.
Keep it goin'!
I salute you, sir!
Roop