portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, September 30, 2019

I nearly missed a cracking good post from Floppy Boot Stomp the other day and it is really worth downloading. I first came across Buck Owens when checking out the cover songs The Beatles did and Ringo sang 'Act Naturally' all those years ago. Then I realised my taste for a pure kind of Country music and the then new country stars of Dwight Yoakam amongst others who regularly sang Buck Owens songs. Still going strong here in 1989 and live is a real treat and of course great quality. It cheered me up no end on a Monday morning here. Give it a try if you like true and pure country this is the real deal!

BUCK OWENS

& The Buckaroos LIVE in Alexandria VA 1989

MP3 format


Liner notes as follows:

Buck Owens & The BuckaroosThe BirchmereAlexandria VA1989-03-01 Soundboard @320


01. Love's Gonna Live Here02. Together Again03. Act Naturally04. Put A Quarter In The Jukebox05. Truck Drivin' Man06. Crying Time07. Hot Dog08. Key's In The Mailbox09. Memphis10. Under Your Spell Again11. Open Up Your Heart12. My Isle Of Golden Dreams13. Tall Dark Stranger14. Excuse Me (I Think I've Got A Heartache)15. Foolin' Around16. Waitin' In Your Welfare Line17. Sam's Place18. Above And Beyond19. Hello Trouble20. Wipe Out21. I Don't Care (Just As Long As You Love Me)22. Swinging Doors23. I've Got A Tiger By The Tail24. Streets Of Bakersfield25. Johnny B. Goode26. Playboy27. Big In Vegas28. Buckaroo29. Gonna Have Love


No comments: