portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, September 04, 2020

IT'S HERE!

EMILY BARKER NEW ALBUM RELEASED TODAY!


Emily Barker
Emily Barker

EMILY SAYS:

Hello

Well, today is the day!

I can now share with you the entirety of my new album 'A Dark Murmuration of Words'.

It has been some years in the making, with the first song - 'Ordinary' was written four years ago after reading Tim Winton's book 'Breath’.
A Dark Murmuration of Words by Emily Barker


This collection of songs has taught me so much.
Behind each one is a plethora of poets, philosophers, scientists, writers, podcasters, filmmakers, songwriters and great-thinkers to thank for inspiration and information.  

Emily says:
Behind each one is a plethora of poets, philosophers, scientists, writers, podcasters, filmmakers, songwriters and great-thinkers to thank for inspiration and information.I have whittled this learning down - filtered through my own experience, thoughts and emotions - into these three to five minute pieces which I am so pleased to be able to share with you now.

Huge thanks to all the incredible musicians, artists, producer Greg Freeman, Sara Silver and Thirty Tigers, all other business team members, and to my manager, Howard Mills for bringing this album to life. And finally, a huge thank you to YOU for all your support.

A reminder too before I go that you can join me tonight for an album listening party.
I'll be live streaming on my YouTube channel and playing the album on vinyl from beginning to end. 

Here are the details...
8pm BST
(12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 9pm CEST)
I'll be joined by some of the musicians who recorded the album with me.
JOIN THE PARTY

I hope these songs find you well.

love,
Emily x

No comments: