portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Nouvelle Vague - 21.05.2007 - Fight This Sickness Find a Cure

 Also nearly forgot to mention this set of Nouvelle Vague from Fight This Sickness Find a Cure. I love Nouvelle Vague, bordering on the comedic and yet somehow straight faced versions given the treatment so they can cover in their inimitable style works by XTC, The Sex Pistols, The Damned and the Clash, The Cramps to Billy Idol, Echo and The Bunnymen to Joy Division

Nouvelle Vague - Academy 3, Manchester UK 2007 - Fight This Sickness Find a Cure


No nonsense, straight forward listings and no covers, no pictures, no pack drill! This is an audience recording from the era and yet is it merely because they are so listenable that I find this acceptable? OR am I biased? I don't post audience recordings anymore (gosh how SPOILT am I?! - back in the day I would pay money for vinyl bootlegs in cheap pressings and thin cardboard that essentially are unlistenable today . . . maybe with the exception of Dylan's The Great White Wonder and Bowie's Thin White Duke as the first boots I ever purchased!) 

So I nicked this cover from Big O who posted it back in February




Fight the Sickness just says:

Nouvelle Vague

21.05.2007

England, Manchester - Academy 3


Setlist :
the killing moon
dancing with myself
ever fallen in love
making plans for Nigel
blue monday
human fly
guns of Brixton
too drunk to fuck
a forest (the Cure cover)
teenage kicks
heart of glass
sweet and tender hooligan
grey day
Friday night, Saturday morning
dance with me
Bela Lugosi's dead
love will tear us apart
in a manner of speaking


They like the Academy! Here they are a few years later in 2010

Nouvelle Vague - Bela Lugosi's Dead


Enjoy! I did!

No comments: