portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Song of The Day:: Paul McCartney 'Calico Skies'

 thebeatlemaniac

I will hold you for as long as you like
I’ll hold you for the rest of my life 


I mean he just doesn't ever stop! 


After the several hours of watching in wide eyed wonder at a creative genius at work ('Get Back') there's this from O My Soul!

Calico Skies" is the sixth song on Paul McCartney's 1997 album, Flaming Pie.

McCartney had been staying on Long Island when the category-three storm Hurricane Bob that made landfall had hit in August 1991. This made McCartney sit with an acoustic guitar and write what he describes as "a gentle love song that becomes a 1960s protest song". The song was co-produced by George Martin and McCartney, being started, finished, and mixed within a single session on 3 September 1992 in SussexEngland. It is the earliest recording on Flaming Pie.

No comments: