portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, April 05, 2024

THE CRAMPS Live in Bourges, France 1986 starting with HEARTBREAK HOTEL |Decade 77-87 - Facebook

I mean I appreciate The Cramps and Poison Ivy and Lux Interior but never really shelled out cash to buy their stuff but this really made me smile. I wasn’t a fan of Elvis’ version of Heartbreak Hotel but thought John Cale’s version absolutely brilliant but this one combined atmosphere from both I guess, menace with rock n roll!

Enjoy! I did . . . . . . found on flikkenbokk!

On this date in 1986, THE CRAMPS were live in Bourges, France (April 1st, 1986).
Eight songs from the set were televised on French TV: Heartbreak Hotel, Chicken, Blue Moon (Connee Boswell cover), Aloha From Hell, (Hot Pool Of) Womanneed, Love Me (Marty Lott cover), TV Set, Surfin' Bird (The Trashmen cover).

Decade 77-87 - a grown up disco: new wave, punk, postpunk, goth & indie

 

2 comments:

Jobe said...

I love Lux's, Kramer hair here

Andy Swapp said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . . . you’re not wrong!

I think I woke up here with Kramer hair! ;)