portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, April 07, 2024

Van Morrison - 1974-04-06 - Copenhagen, Denmark (SBD) | so many roads

Van Morrison - Copenhagen 1974 - so many roads



Speedy says :
Van Morrison
1974-04-06
Falkoner Teatret
Copenhagen, Denmark
Soundboard recording (not sure doesn’t sound it to me!)
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. Instrumental 1
02. Instrumental 2
03. Ain't Nothing You Can Do
04. Warm Love
05. Listen To The Lion
06. I Believe To My Soul
07. Try For Sleep
08. I've Been Working
09. Take Your Hand Out Of My Pocket
10. Pure > I Like It Like That > Kansas City

CD 2:
01. Night Time Is The Right Time
02. Caledonia
03. Help Me
04. Moondance
05. Bring It On Home To Me
06. I Just Wanna Make Love To You
07. Come Running >
08. Street Theory


1970s - #4: In February 1974,  Van Morrison released the classic live album It's Too Late Too Stop Now* which featured his historic 1973 tour backed by the 11 piece Caledonia Soul Orchestra. Of course, in typical Van fashion, he had disbanded that group and was playing with a new assortment of musicians for this 1974 tour. This soundboard recording captures him durng that 1974 run, in Denmark, on April 6, 1974, a half century ago today.

 Now I need to ask Speedy about this one as it’s BIG (over 80 items) and that’s because there are three (count ‘em!) versions of this Danish set included here. One that says FLAC file but isn’t and another set that seems completely different! Another that says JTT original and so on. I will update you but maybe I am missing something obvious but Speedy doesn’t appear to mention it on the page! Neither does it sound like a soundboard but a very good audience recording. Will check the others but maybe one tis a soundboard!?!?

Not sure but it is truly fascinating and if a fan of Van The Man around this classic period you won’t be disappointed!

Well Speedymjb let us know on his page that this is just how he found them and that’s fine and dandy of course and I would just encourage anyone who is a fan to dig around in it all and enjoy it - I certainly did! Thanks to Speedy as ever!


* a favourite live album of all time 


earlier that same year . . . . . . . . . . ‘Bulbs'
Bought this is a single when it came out on the other side to "Who Was That Masked Man?”!

All ya gotta remember is that after all its all just show biz!

No comments: