portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, May 03, 2024

Film Fact of the Week : Grace Kelly in ‘REAR WINDOW’

A born again non-smoker and fascinated by this . . . . . .  My favourite Alfred Hitchcock film of all and my choice of his best movie ever is Rear Window with James Stewart (imagine having to spurn Grace’s kisses and love making!? - nerves of steel!)







Film Fact: Rear Window is the only film in which Grace Kelly is seen with a cigarette. She refused to smoke in films, except this one where she is seen at the very most holding a lit cigarette though she is never shown actually smoking it due to clever editing.

It never struck me before and is a fact worth noting . . . . . . . . I approve!🚬

🚭

 



2 comments:

Barton Hall said...

As a fellow traveler that also once a lifetime ago smoked far too many cigarettes, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on Grace and the way that Hitchcock chose to portray her in certainly one of his greatest films. I also love how you stacked the clips of her from that scene.

Andy Swapp said...

Why thank you Barton!
Most welcome and thanks for you comment and for dropping by . . . . .