portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, March 09, 2019

ANOUSHKA SHANKAR - 2019

 A truly moving and lovely quality set from Big O this morning from Anoushka Shankar only short at just over the half hour but so accomplished. There is really something special about her playing IMHO she is approachable in her work to western ears and there always seem to be a meld between Indian music and I detect some kind of Western flavour somehow. . . . I am not knowledgeable enough to pin this feeling down but she is highly listenable and seems highly gifted. I enjoyed her father's work ( and am a huge fan of her half sister's work also) I came across him, as so many must have through George Harrison and treasure the Concert for Bangladesh amongst my record collection. Give it a listen I feel you won't be disappointed and it serves its own rewards . . . . at once earthly and meditative, it transforms me, I find it highly contemplative an aid yo meditation in the best possible way and indeed consciousness altering. . . . . . . . . so there! 
I dedicate this concert to yesterday's International Women's Day






No comments: