portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

SQUEEZE

The Hague - Holland 16th March 1980

For Squeeze fans (who isn't? If you're not there is something wrong with your eardrobes!) there is this from the mercurial and eclectically wonderful Floppy Boot Stomp who were in touch the other day!
This in 1980 in The Netherlands featured the line up still with Jools Holland as a sort of mad maitre d' so that he even covers Ahmet Ertegun's 'Mess Around' (which I love from Professor Longhair & Dr John and Ray Charles too come to that but I digress) for a lively not to say rowdy set  (it is The Paradiso after all!) the quality of this is EXTRAORDINARY! It was a Dutch radio broadcast it seems Broadcast live on Dutch Radio Vara Hilversum III, Download it immediatement mes braves would be my considered advice and prescription!




It's from around the time of their album 'Argy Bargy



Couldn't find any other covers not back cover as FBS point out but they are kind enough to list the tracks here:
Songs are
1. Slap And Tickle
2. Touching You Touching Me
3. Slightly Drunk
4. Pulling Mussels From The Shell
5. Funny How It Goes/Hop Skip And A Jump
6. Another Nail In My Heart
7. Cool For Cats
8. Mess Around
9. I Think I'm Go-Go
10. Take Me I'm Yours
11. If I Didn't Love You/Strong In Reason
12. Misadventure
13. It's So Dirty
14. Goodbye Girl
15. Up The Junction/There At The Top


GREAT FUN! Give it a BLAST! I know I did!


No comments: