portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, December 29, 2019

HANS THEESSINK

I am somewhat ashamed to say I hadn't heard of Hans Theessink but he featured in a Facebook group I belong to dedicated to Ry Cooder as the chosen artist of the week. I happened to mention that I also had no idea Terry Evans played the guitar in response to a video posted there and Hans himself replied almost immediately to say "Terry composed on the guitar - he had a total unorthodox style of playing - great groove" I was so struck by this I thought I should really post more of Hans' superb work here. Mind you anyone who can play with Ry and have Terry sit in you might know he is a brilliant player . . . . . . .

In good company here . . . . 



Hans and Terry released an album back in 2012 with a featured guest . . . . . . . Ry hisself!




another here from 2015




Hans' albums on Amazon UK here . . . . . .

Check Hans' wiki entry here . . . .

Hans' website here

No comments: