portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, August 09, 2024

ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER (versions) - Mahogany Rush

 Frank Mrino & Mahogany Rush Bromont 1979

All Along The Watchtower (B Dylan) Hendrix version (arrangement)

Never heard of these guys! Did they not travel well into Europe or the UK? Frank Mrino? and 'Mahogany Rush' at Bromont 1979? Also the vid is curious, the edit starting with a towering shredding solo end to the previous number?! Is the whole thing available somewhere? I’ll check n get back . . . . . . . Guess its the heavy metal schtick that never really got me post Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and British bands like Deep Purple but the American heavy crew I never really got (Kiss? etc) . . . . also I gather it’s Frank Marino which I would guess but thought the post fulllof miss spelling was funny . . . . . . . 
Clearly just posted because he  (they?) cover our Jimi!

No comments: