portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Lovely set from Voodoo Wagon just in this morning of Roxy Music featuring Brian Eno from BBC Sessions 1972-1973 - those of you who have read further know Eno is a major interest of mine and once he left Roxy Music I pretty much lost all interest in the band although I think I kept up with things until about 'Country Life' I think. Although Bryan Ferry retained his interest in all things Pop artistically, he had been taught by Richard Hamilton at Newcastle Poly. Richard remained unaware of this for years (I discussed it with him and he seemed utterly bemused when I mentioned the song 'This Is Tomorrow' a direct quote from an early Richard Hamilton curated exhibition and his partner Rita Donagh said of him 'oh he was interesting, I think. Such a nice boy!')

This BBC sessions set is rare in that it features Brian but is worth checking out for all Roxy fans



No comments: