portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, October 18, 2021

LOVE - First Album Revisited - OUT OF PRINT debut - The TWILIGHT ZONE

 TWILIGHT ZONE REVISITED LOVE DEBUT

Twilight Zone reviews the Love debut album and have here a thirty track remaster long out of print 

in FLAC format this is a peach and as they say:

...Arthur Lee's songwriting muse hadn't fully developed at this stage, and in comparison with their second and third efforts, this is the least striking of the LPs featuring their classic lineup, with some similar-sounding folk-rock compositions and stock riffs. A few of the tracks are great, though: their punky rendition of Bacharach/David's "My Little Red Book" was a minor hit, "Signed D.C." and "Mushroom Clouds" were superbly moody ballads, and Bryan Maclean's "Softly to Me" served notice that Lee wasn't the only songwriter of note in the band. 

- AllMusic Review by Richie Unterberger

I have said before on previous posts that I bought Forever Changes when it first came out and then I bought Da Capo but their debut passed me by for years until I caught up with a vinyl version and this is a re-master of throaty tracks including the mono originals and added tracks


NB take a note that Twilight posts this version Image Netz version One

and visitor Gaius made this version from Sundaze available Image Netz version Two

You pays your money and you takes your choice! Well you don't but you get my drift!

I prefer the extended version:







No comments: