portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Santana III - 1971, Deluxe Edition 2006 & 2016 (Out of Print) - Plain & Fancy

 SANTANA III 

Deluxe 3 disc edition [1971, 2006, 2016]


I saw them live at festivals here and woke up to what seemed like a new musics and no mistake, then we all witnessed Woodstock and thought 'Hello!' despite the later faltering and dare I say descent into easy listening, the first three album are central to anyone's record collection and despite the single album of this still being available the three discs available here included the re-issue and digital two disc set all of which versions here are long out of print if the running current price of over £80 is to go by and therefore I post the links here (I do not post links to officially released and still available commercial items

FLAC format throughout.

The text as per usual at Plain & Fancy is really interesting and well written on two fronts, the story of the band in this formation and the classic line up and the story behind the double album itself. 

Well worth a read

Santana III - 1971/2006/2016 - The Rockasteria


SANTANA III 1971 reissue 2016




SANTANA III LEGACY EDITION 2006 (double disc) 


For The Boss (Silent Way) and Brother Jobe and all the other contributors over at Floppy Boot Stomp and Voodoo Wagon - my first port of call everyday in the Bootiverse (it's a place!!)

2 comments:

diamonddave said...

Thanks for notifying me of this Andy - one of my faves - will go and get it now! Who can't be physically moved by Batuka? One of the few songs to make me shake my butt like Beyonce - even when I'm sat down (not pretty sight!).
Cheers and keep up the good work.
Neighbour DD

Andy Swapp said...

Welcome Dave! It's a real peach and great quality in this format too! So glad you dropped by