portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, October 14, 2021

WILLIE WATSON - 'GALLOWS POLE' - another new artist! Another new album!

Willie Watson photo by Cory Piehowicz

 Now you may recall if you've been paying attention (who ARE you talking to? - ED) that discovering new folks who's music shakes and moves me is one of the great joys of the web and internet social media and today is no exception. You will have noted that I recently bought and featured Nat Myers latest album 'Hobo Wine & Remedy Blues', and featured his staggering title plate Willow Witchin' and stone me and knock me down with a feather but he has done the same tribute to another singer songwriter and shared links to this

It is Willie Watson 'Gallows Pole' (another old, old song and personal favourite, I have a Leadbelly 12 string guitar piece by the master that I cherish) 


Check this out!

Directed by Matt Bizer.


From the album FOLKSINGER VOL. 2, available everywhere now: http://smarturl.it/folksingervol2


No comments: