portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, July 06, 2022

"A Secular Hallelujah" - Leonard Cohen / Bob Dylan - "I and I" - great artists writing . . .

 

Photo by Richard Young.

An Interviewer inquired about the writing of the song "Hallelujah.”


LEONARD: “That was a song that took me a long time to write. Dylan and I were having coffee the day after his concert in Paris a few years ago and he was doing that song in concert. And he asked me how long it took to write it. And I told him a couple of years. I lied actually. It was more than a couple of years. Then I praised a song of his, 'I and I' and asked him how long it had taken and he said, ‘Fifteen minutes.’” -- SongTalk, April 1993


Fragments of A Rainy Season

John Cale - Hallelujah


Leonard  Cohen - Hallelujah [1984]

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Leonard talks about Hallelujah . . . . 


Bob Dylan - I and I Album version


Bob Dylan 'I & I' Dijon 1998



No comments: