portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, July 16, 2022

SINGLES bought when they came out - also Rebel MC at Zero G Sounds

 REBEL MC- STREET TUFF


I loved this single and it hooked by its use of the brilliant quote from Scotty in Lorna Bennett's 'Skank in Bed' itself a variation on another single (her earlier Breakfast in bed) this made me laugh SO much it is a stroke of genius!

 
Lorna Bennett - Breakfast in Bed
 

 Skank in Bed Scotty and Lorna . . . . . . Cut Cut You can play bass!?  . . . toasting on the original track  

  Riddim . . . ? Come Forward!

Zero G has posted a nice link to this from Rebel MC which gave me the excuse to post this single which I LOVED when it came out and still do . . . it was such a hook and earworm that it haunts me still and was my introduction to a music that I thought was rapidly leaving me behind! Still dance to it today and its perfect for a sunny day . . . . . which it is here . . . . . .Damned hot too! A cool twenty degrees but rising predicted to get to 40 by Monday! Yowzers! High twenties is too hot for me! . . . . . 

Stay Cool Wont' You?! Professor Stanley Unwin

Rebel MC - Word, Sound And Power (1992)






No comments: