portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, October 07, 2022

EMILY BARKER - ANNOUNCES NEW LIVE ALBUM :: 'Live at Brunel Goods Shed'


This has to be checked out for sure and Emily says:

Back in 2019 when I was recording A Dark Murmuration of Words, I had little inkling how so many of the things I'd been writing about would come so sharply into focus.

Nor did I have any idea that a global pandemic would mean that my plans for the album would have to be changed. It was such a seismic event in all our lives that it's easy to forget all the things we had in our calendars that ended up being postponed or cancelled. For me, it was touring the record.

In November 2020, a year after recording the album and two months after its release, all the wonderful musicians who appeared on it assembled at Brunel Goods Shed to perform the whole album as a livestream. The event was filmed and recorded by Northern Cowboys, and streamed live on their Roots Live website.

Some time later, the songs were mixed by Lukas, and then mastered by Ian Stephenson. They're now available exclusively via my Bandcamp store, either digitally or on a limited edition signed and numbered CD.
Live at Brunel Goods Shed by Emily Barker
Alongside the performance of the whole of A Dark Murmuration of Words, this live album includes a selection of songs from the solo set I played as a special 'aftershow' on the livestream.

One of them is a song I've never released before called Stockholm Down Below, written with my Swedish friend, Eric Palmqwist.

Depending on when you're reading this, today is Bandcamp Friday, where Bandcamp waives their fees for artists.

If you'd like a copy of the album, today would be a great day to order!

Live at The Brunel Goods Shed - EMILY BARKER - Bandcamp


No comments: