portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, February 11, 2024

R.I.P. Damo Suzuki (of CAN) dies at 74

 

  • Track Name

    Mother Sky (abridged)

  • Album

    Cannibalism I

  • Artist

    Can

guessimdumb:

Can - Mother Sky (re-edited)

 

"I know this is sacrilege to say, but I prefer this edited version of Mother Sky on 1980 collection Cannibalism I to the original version on Soundtracks. True, I heard this version first but I’m inclined to appreciate brevity - this version lasts a mere 6:41 compared to the 14 minute original. When I finally heard the full version, I kept waiting for the good parts.  "

R.I.P. Damo Suzuki


Sad to hear of Damo Suzuki’s death aged 74 - my old friend and colleague, Nell, shared on Facebook and she had such fond remembrances of dancing with him at a gig when he heard it was her birthday! Awesome individual (both actually!)



2 comments:

Kostas said...

Can. What a great innovative band!

Andy Swapp said...

All very special people as well as musicians somehow - the stories about dear Damo are coming in fast and he sounds like a blast and one of the nicest humans!




Thanks for your comment Kostas - always welcome my friend