portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

'ALBUMS THAT SHOULD EXIST' - THE DOORS - LIVE AT THE MATRIX 7th March 1967

THE DOORS

LIVE AT THE MATRIX (reboot)

I have a version of this recording as a bootleg from back in the day that is almost unplayable (well I checked and it is truly unlistenable, truly dreadful!) and we have mentioned before my attitude to what is going on with new technology and re-booting re-mastering and tweaking old recordings. I never thought the day would come! I even have a C90 cassette of this gig which is equally unplayable but better than the early vinyl and this is as is explained technologically much much better and frankly the BEST quality version of this gig I have ever heard. The notes are really worth a read too and as Paul says over at Albums That Should Exist 

This is a must-have for any serious Doors fan. I think it's likely that, someday, the whole thing will be released properly, from the master tapes. But until then, this will have to do.

This album is an hour and 46 minutes long.

Check it out, he’s not wrong!

ALBUMS THAT SHOULD EXIST - The Doors Live at The Matrix 1967

01 Back Door Man (Doors)
02 My Eyes Have Seen You (Doors)
03 Soul Kitchen (Doors)
04 Get Out of My Life, Woman (Doors)
05 When the Music's Over (Doors)
06 Close to You (Doors)
07 Crawling King Snake (Doors)
08 I Can't See Your Face in My Mind (Doors)
09 People Are Strange (Doors)
10 Who Do You Love (Doors)
11 Alabama Song [Whisky Bar] (Doors)
12 The Crystal Ship (Doors)
13 Twentieth Century Fox (Doors)
14 Moonlight Drive (Doors)
15 Summer's Almost Gone (Doors)
16 Unhappy Girl (Doors)
17 The Devil Is a Woman - Sittin' Around Thinkin' - Rock Me (Doors)
18 Break on Through [To the Other Side] (Doors)
19 Light My Fire (Doors)
20 The End (Doors) 


Jim Morrison by A. Swapp - Acrylic on Sandtex 3'x4’ 2007 (destroyed)

No comments: