portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, April 03, 2023

Start the Week with the good Doctor :: Dr. John (feat. Ronnie Barron) - Did She Mention My Name? (1964) | Guess I’m Dumb

Dr. John (Ronnie Barron) - Did She Mention My Name? (1964)

"A friend played this wonderful NOLA soul tune for me recently, and I found it hard to believe it was Dr. John.  That’s because it wasn’t Mac Rebennack singing, it was Ronnie Barron. Mac Rebennack had come up with the persona of Dr. John, the Night Tripper, and he wanted Ronnie Barron to play the role.  Ronnie wasn’t having it and the rest is history.  Mac did write the song, and there’s a record which credits Ronnie Barron though it’s a bit faster.” Guess I’m Dumb says

(Source: drjohn.bandcamp.com)

Wow thanks for this one to Guess I’m Dumb

Nice researching too!


No comments: