portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Thought For The Day :: BONNIE RAITT

 

Damn!


Bonnie Raitt: 

"I'm just one more kid who learned how to play the blues from being a fan, my gameplan was just to follow my blues and jazz exemplars. Stay true to your art, do the best shows you can, keep going, don't worry about commercial success, and when you're 70 years old people will still want to come and see you. 

One constant that will never go away is the audience connection. I've experienced that when I've been in the audience. All of us love being there with the people we love. As a performer, I've been doing this for 50 years.  

I've never sold many records. I'm an artist who is standing where I am today because of the live loyalty and excitement and the magic that happened through repeat performances for those audiences. You cannot duplicate it over the internet or even on a record. 


Photo from The Patriot Ledger



Bonnie, young, young, young!

Bonnie Raitt, Paris, France, 1970 by Dick Waterman. 


No comments: