portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Song of The Day : NEW RADICALS - You Get What You Give

Whilst we are discussing or mentioning coercive control, abuse and bullies . . . . . . . . . . . 


New Radicals - You Get What You Give


Spotted this great song and just happened to read a comment left further down from its posting and found myself saddened and drawn towards the author


Added comment by a poster : 


“Only just connected that my mental health issues exacerbated then ….toxic abusive relationship I was in made me regress and look back to a previous life that was long gone… I was lost in a long line of abusive relationshits… didn’t know who I was. It took until the age of 40 to move on and until now at almost 50 to see the shit show that had been going on in my life. I’m just glad to be at home in my safe space with my pets and no shit from assholes anymore. 

Peace be with you xx  

(And also with you) x”



I am so fed up with people being abused by toxic relationships, bullying, abuse of whatever kind, coercive control! You get what you give? Hope so! The love you take is equal to the love you make! Well, perhaps only if you stand up, avoid that toxic relationship, resist the bully and let karma take good care of them! 


But this song did make me feel it!


This note truly upset me, I had no means of communicating with them so I sent them a heart emoji! ❤️

not enough but hopefully they will notice



To paraphrase Bobby Dylan Play it F**King LOUD!"

No comments: