portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Sound of The Day :: Aztec Camera ‘Down The Dip'


Down The Dip by Aztec Camera


Thanks to Alice over at O My Soul who reminds me of my interest in Roddy Frame

I found him of course through Aztec Camera and here we begin to see the ‘progression’ towards his later solo work of which I am pretty sure I have everything and after buying things from his website including live albums I am pretty sure they come straight from Roddy himself and he deserves way more success as a solo artist than thus far he has seen. 

Some of his later songwriting is frankly staggering stuff I reckon




Roddy Frame - Somewhere In My Heart live at the songwriters circle night 2010

Recorded Live in London for the 'In The Round' or 'Songwriters Circle' series. 
Graham Gouldman of 10cc and Neil Finn of Crowded House also took part. 

No comments: