portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, July 17, 2023

Song To Start The Week : FACEBOOK Greatest Rock 'N' Roll of the 50s & 60s : ‘OUT OF TIME’ CHRIS FARLOWE

 With one of the most unique soulful voices of the period I first came across Chris Farlowe singing this and mods of the time to a man loved this song  (written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of course!)


I also bought 'Stormy Monday' a blues standard classic written by  T-Bone Walker featuring the wonderful guitarist Albert Lee though I didn’t know it was Chris at time as it was released under Little Joe Cook but it remains a favourite and blues standard I adore. His is the best version IMHO and features the most breathy blues voice you ever heard. I sill have it down in the vaults somewhere on a Marble Arch 10/6d classic re-release bought in the record racks in Fleetwood when but a kid!

 
juss click on it - it’s lying!

No comments: