portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, July 21, 2023

SOUNDS OF THE DAY : UNDERWATER MOONLIGHT : The Soft Boys | Tribal Gathering/Guess I’m Dumb

From Tribal Gathering . . . . . my tribe oh but look where he/she/they got it from!

guessimdumb:

The Soft Boys - Underwater Moonlight (1980)

I know this LP like the back of my hand, but I’d never wondered who played the fantastic violin on this tune and Insanely Jealous.  It was Gerry Hale.

Didn’t see the giant squid, though
It was fairly slow 



Guess I’m Dumb! 

6 comments:

SEALY said...

Came to this Boys fairly late..What a band and What an album

Andy Swapp said...

Oh wow "Hi!” Dave! Glad you agree and it is isn’t it!?
Thanks for dropping by buddy as always

SEALY said...

Always my pleasure. I was in Oxford briefly 3 weeks ago and passed that cafe in Summertown where we held our Summit Meeting.
Hahahaha
October 1st 2010.

Andy Swapp said...

Again wow and double WOW! Good memory there Dave! Joe’s Bar and Grill in Summertown still does the best local full English breakfast I ever tasted! Great staff and great coffee!

Gosh it was a “Summit" was it? Heck! sounds awfully important which of course it was (to me at least!)
Did you have a diary entry to be so accurate? If you had asked me I would have said it was a couple of years ago!!
Ha ha ha ha ha . . . . . all the best as ever to you and yours
Andy x

SEALY said...

I had to look it up Andy. My marker was that I was on my way to meet my brother and watch the Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor the next day.
If you can wrack your brains you may remember a guy called Dan who was a keen and knowledgeable contributor to those Forums we were on back then???
I'm still in touch with him and saw him back in early June on our way back from Shetland....

Andy Swapp said...

Oh yeah I remember Dan indeed he, much as your good self, was always v friendly towards me. Unlike other folks we might call to mind . . . . . . can’t really remember them anymore tho’ . . . . . .