portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

ALBUMS THAT SHOULD EXIST : World Party - Chicago 2006

World Party - Park West, Chicago, IL, 8-22-2006

Paul says : (To). .  all intents and purposes, the British band World Party was Karl Wallinger. Not only did he write all the band's songs and sing lead on all of them, he often produced the albums and played most of the other instruments on some of them. Sadly, he died earlier this month, on March 11, 2024, at the age of 66, due to a stroke. 

I didn't hear the news at first, but then I noticed a surge in World Party bootlegs at bootleg sharing sites, and I figured it out. A couple of years ago, I had a hard time finding even a single World Party bootleg. But in the wake of his death, a bunch were posted. I wanted to post something new to mark Wallinger's passing, so I looked at all the concerts I hadn't posted yet, and decided this was the best one. It came after most of his albums were released, so it serves as a de facto best of. He was backed by an excellent band, and gave a solid importance. But probably the most important factor of all is sound quality, and this is a fantastic soundboard. If you were to get just one live World Party recording, this would probably be the best one to choose.

Because this is a excellent soundboard boot, I didn't have to do much tinkering at all. But I did boost the volume of the vocals for the banter between songs, and sometimes I boosted the cheering after the songs.

This album is an hour and 28 minutes long.

01 talk 
02
Put the Message in the Box 
03 talk
04
Is It like Today
05 What Does It Mean Now
06 talk 
07 When the Rainbow Comes 
08 talk 
09 Best Place I've Ever Been 
10 I Thought You Were a Spy 
11 talk
12 She's the One
13 Love Street 
14 talk 
15 Who Are You 
16 Here Comes the Future
17 talk 
18 Vanity Fair 
19 Thank You World 
20 talk
21 Sweet Soul Dream 
22 Is It Too Late 
23 talk 
24 Way Down Now 
25 It Is Time
26 talk
27 Ship of Fools 
28 talk 

No comments: