portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

“The days when even our hands do not stir" . . . . . . . . RILKE |

Emily Barker releases new single from her forthcoming album


I'm writing from an old stone house to let you know I have a new single coming out.



Emily Barker
Emily Barker

"The days when even our hands do not stir are so exceptionally quiet that it is hardly possible to raise them without hearing a whole lot" – Rainer Maria Rilke (Letters on Life)

Em says:

Hello

I'm writing from an old stone house in Austin, Texas where I'm staying for the week of SXSW before moving on to Nashville and Memphis for shows.

I'm writing to let you know that I have a new single out this coming Friday. It comes from a quiet place. From a time of introversion and introspection. From tuning into the stillness and beauty that surrounds us, if only we could stop for long enough to appreciate the peace.

You can pre-save it wherever it is you listen to music.

Thank you kindly!

Emily

No comments: