portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Song of the day | BOBBY DARIN - I CAN SEE THE WIND | Guess I'm Dumb


Bobby Darin - I Can See the Wind (1968)

By 1968 Bobby Darin had left Las Vegas long behind, started his own record label, and become very politically involved. This very cool song is from his LP Bobby Darin Born Walden Robert Cassotto, on which he wrote and produced all the songs. This particular song sounds more like Tim Hardin (previously he'd had a hit with If I Were a Carpenter)

Wow well Bobby Darin was one of those American smooth singers that hep parents of my generation growing up listened to a bit like Frank Sinatra and we ‘hippies’ didn’t ‘dig!’ but here Guess I’m Dumb proves a point and reveals more about this fine singer and with this back story it really has to be worth a listen . . . . .and you know what? It really is!

No comments: