portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Ear Worms and One Hit Wonders : TIMBUK 3 : THE FUTURE’S SO BRIGHT [I GOTTA WEAR SHADES] 1987

 How about this? 

Great pop but I have to say (or explain?! ED) quite what I am doing and that is = revisiting classic pop songs and sonic ear worms; the ones that get stuck in your head and what IS it about the writing that made them so). We tend to dismiss the pop we deemed dodgy and rightly so I guess and, always catholic in my tastes, I wondered if any one else acknowledged that some songs stuck in our head despite our complaints and dismissals that something was so desperately uncool?!


Now it makes me smile!

[check out the harp player on this!)

I’m doing alright, getting good grades . . . . . . . only getting’ better

No comments: