portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, March 23, 2024

One Hit Wonders and Ear worms (contd.) | BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE : YOU AIN’T SEE NOTHIN’ YET [1974]

 Acknowledged widely (globally?) as a ‘rock classic’ it occurred to me I have nothing by Bachman Turner Overdrive and not even this ear worm and classic rock anthem beloved of TV coverage and petrol head programmes for example . . it also occurred to me that maybe they, the band, didn’t travel well. Did we even SEE them in the UK?

 Don’t think so! I had certainly never really payed the band any attention as to what they looked like and whilst obviously caught the track on the radio could really stand anything else I had heard! An album full?

Sheesh! I mean take a look at them here!?! Hairy gappy toothed fat freak! Seventies satin had a lot to answer for! Not exactly Bon Jovi !? I mean have you ever seen anything so UNCOOL come out of CANADA!?(no, don’t answer that!)

Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Aint Seen Nothing Yet

No comments: