portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, March 19, 2022

N'ORLEANS ACES - SHIRLEY AND LEE 'LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL :: TWILIGHT ZONE

Shirley and Lee "Let The Good Times Roll" (Aladdin 1952-1959)

On the heels of Fats Domino and Lloyd Price came Shirley and Lee "the Sweethearts of the Blues" who together were key figures in bringing New Orleans rhythm and blues into popular music's mainstream...
.
..Best known for their 1950s hits I'm Gone, Feel So Good, I Feel Good, and the timeless classic Let The Good Times Roll, Shirley and Lee were among the first R&B acts to be accepted by white audiences. The picture of youthful innocence, the duo were tailor made for the record buyers of era. They retained their popularity by working through most of the facets of teenage romance including break-ups, reunions, revenge, flirting, and eventually rocking all night long. Each new release was another chapter in a vinyl love affair that lasted over a decade.

trax:
01 Let The Good Times Roll 02 A Little Word 03 I Feel Good 04 All I Want To Do Is Cry 05 You'd Be Thinking Of Me 06 Rock All Nite 07 That's What I Wanna Do 08 I'm Gone 09 Sweethearts 10 That's What I'll Do 11 Shirley, Come Back To Me 12 Shirley's Back 13 Don't You Know I Love You 14 Feel So Good 15 Come On And Have Your Fun 16 I'll Thrill You 17 Don't Leave Me Here To Cry 18 Before I Go 19 The Reason Why 20 I Didn't Want You 21 I'll Do It (Deed I Do) 22 Everybody's Rockin' 23 Rockin' With The Clock 24 Lee's Dream 25 The Flir 26 Korea 27 Comin' Over 28 Marry Me 29 When Day Is Done 30 True Love (Never Dies)
from Ride Your Pony . . .
available through imagenetz

No comments: