portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Pink Floyd - Disgusting Hardly Music (RE-BOOT) FLOPPY BOOT STOMP (Jobe)

Must have missed this over on the Floppy side . . . . . . . . 


PINK FLOYD - LIVE IN City Hall SHEFFIELD 1970 - Floppy Boot Stomp



Brother Jobe says:

I remember when "Dark Side Of The Moon" came out. I also remember how many of my friends gushed over it. To me, it was alright, but I never thought it deserved all the accolades it got. I thought it was just a metaphor for all the cool kids to let you know that "Yeah I smoke weed" but will keep it on the down-low and listen to DSOTM. I still think "The Wall" is overrated when you consider it's a double album with about six actual "songs" I do love "Wish You Were Here" though. I like the "song side" of "Meddle" but never listen to "Echoes" (not enough time) Which brings me to "Atom Heart Mother" it is still my favorite PF record. My favorite cut on AHM has to be "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" from the first time I heard it I loved it. I can smell the bacon frying, the sound of the corn flakes being poured into the bowl, and of course the faucet drip, and from what I understand original pressing's of the vinyl have the faucet drip go on into infinity if you did not have an automatic turntable. I'll bet right now somewhere there is some acid casualty, sitting with his headphones on, who is now a pile of bones, still wondering what is leaking??? That brings me to this boot. It is not of the sound quality that I normally try to post. But in a way it's kind of a historical document. When you read the scans you'll see it is the only time they performed it live and captured on tape. (Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast) One other thing I don't see this posted a lot. I know over at "The Wagon" my last post was yet another PF boot, but hey it's always been about you and what I think you're looking for. However on numerous occasions I post what I like in hope that you'll listen to it and hear what I hear and like in it.


and you know what? I agree! hence my posting . . . . . check it out 

2 comments:

SEALY said...

I WAS THERE! OH YES!

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast....awesome the band and roadies acting out the whole thing.

What days!

Sealy

Andy Swapp said...

Wow! Brilliant Sealyman! Can’t say as I’m surprised mind you! [thanks for dropping by as ever]