portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Songs for Tonight ( from the Telebox!) Magnetic Fields:: The Book of Love - Villagers::Everything I am Is Yours

 I have discovered quite an amazing number of fine bands, singers, songwriters by watching the television. From the band, the gloriously witty and brilliant Wilful Missing who's work I adore and wish they had received more attention and consider them a fine faultless Yorkshire band without peer, to Emily Barker and all her work since an early use of her work in the Kenneth Branagh sleuth series 'Wallander' to the equally wonderful Stephen Fretwell who's theme song appeared upon the 'Gavin and Stacy' series and hooked me right in again. Another peerless singer songwriter whose work I have sought and bought everything by all of these artists. I am nothing if not loyal to a sound or a song and I am pretty sure that was how I found another main man much earlier on in the exquisite Roddy Frame who's song 'Small World' became the theme for the comedy Early Doors and all of whose work I have stuck with. I bought everything I could from as direct a source as I could from all these artists. Certain the live album I purchased through his website came direct from Roddy and Emily is in touch with all her fans through her Facebook pages. I think I have bough everything I could find by all of these people so it always nice to mention to more recent discoveries

So tonight two tracks stood out in the BBC series 'Cheaters' and the equally wonderful Ben Wishaw starring in 'This is Going To Hurt after a book I had read recommended to me by my daughter Amy, appeared on the telebox in the corner of the room. . . . . . . I mention this only because who cares how we find the music that is the soundtrack to our lives but that it changes and the television and tv programmes are no exception but a source of fine fine music. If we let it . . . . . . . 


Magnetic Fields - The Book of Love (heard via 'This Is Going To Hurt' BBC


Villagers - Everything I am is Yours (heard via 'Cheaters' BBC)

No comments: