portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

RY COODER 75TH BIRTHDAY!

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAESTRO!

THERE IS ONLY ONE!

RY COODER ON HIS BIRTHDAY

THE GUVNOR!

THE PRODIGAL SON

LITTLE VILLAGE - SHE RUNS HOT FOR ME - (Johnny Carson Show)

Photo by Karen Miller

Happy 75th birthday to the great Ry Cooder!

"Rock as it is known today just doesn’t interest me at all,” said Ry Cooder to The Guardian in 2011. “I hate commercial music. If I hear that money in it, all that winking and nodding… It kills me.”
“People tried to teach me to read the page and understand theory,” he once said. “I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t be taught. I think there was something about me that resisted being taught anything.I didn’t like school, I didn’t like the teachers, I didn’t like the whole set-up. I wanted to do it myself. So I found that I could. The only thing is – it takes longer. If you’re going to go on your own, it’s going to take you awhile."


Buy or stream now here: http://found.ee/RYtps



THE MOULE BANDE RYTHM ACES - GET RHYTHM 

TAJ MAHAL/RY COODER - STATESBORO BLUES

CHICKEN SKIN REVIEW - DARK END OF THE STREET

from Susan Titelman - with singer Manuel ‘Puntillita’ Licea  of Buena Vista Social Club



Pre-order the new album with Taj Mahal at https://tajmahalrycooder.lnk.to/GETONBOARD/

No comments: