portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, October 15, 2011

This'll cheer you up...........Now I adore Lisa Hanigan, the Irish lass behind the voice of Damien Rice in case you wonder where you've seen (or heard) her before. Going solo in 2008 I saw her on Jools and the first set she did for the BBC for a festival appearance and I was spellbound

This is somewhat disturbing in that in combines two of my interests music and paint!I am sure it will appeal to 'sploshing' fans out there [what's 'sploshing'? ED] but I humbly dedicate this to my old school friend Mike Bristow who I got back in touch after 30+ [cough cough] years artist and musician and master of the ukulele. This is for him

Knots (for Mike)


'I Don't Know' live on Jools


Sea Song on Jools 2009



With Teddy Thompson and Green Gartside 'Way To Blue' tribute to Nick Drake

for Dave Seal

1 comment:

sealy said...

Very nice music indeed. Thank you kindly