portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, November 27, 2011

and again.........

Big O posts an Eno/Byrne classic.............

BRIAN ENO AND DAVID BYRNE - GHOSTS


 Now I have this already and have posted it elsewhere but this is a different recording to the version I have so it's a puzzle at the moment. I have also said elsewhere what a profound influence Eno was on me and especially having come to lecture to us as a visiting lecturer at Leicester Polytechnic (remember those?!) School of Art courtesy of my tutor the truly brilliant British composer, Gavin Bryars.

  The album 'My Life in The Bush of Ghosts) was a revelation to me and a ground breaking experiment in how we make music ( I say 'we'!). It encouraged me to go out and by the book from whence the title comes by Amos Tutuola which frankly is extraordinary. Bonkers to boot! As for the 'Ghosts' boot, here t'is with certain tracks omitted as they have been released since on the re-issue of the official album but get in touch if you want them here for a complete experience. It's truly wonderful to revisit such a seminal piece. Get it over at Big O while its listed. If you've missed it and are reading this after Friday 25th Nov get in touch and will post it elsewhere.......Enjoy!




1 comment:

sealy said...

Ha!! Discovered how to drag files straight into a download folder on my new Mac!! Thanks for this share Mr. Swappers