portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bob Dylan's 71st Birthday

For Bob's 71st Big O have posted a lovely set from Denmark in 2011. Great balance and clarity, somehow not the ubiquitous 'heavy' mixes we have been used to on the Never Ending Tour of recent years. Including tracks like 'Man In Me', 'Things Have Changed', 'Boots of Spanish Leather' & 'Mississippi' as well as the expected constant choices of recent gigs like 'Highway 61', 'Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum' and 'High Water'. Dylan on fine relaxed form. Download it now!

I dedicate this and send it out to Stephen Blackman, my dear friend of 30+ years who loves Dylan more than anyone I know and who I was privileged & joyously happy to be able to go see Dylan with at the Roundhouse back in 2009. ["Man in Me' is one of his favourite tracks]

Get well soon Stevie!


Over on Big O now!

Oh I get it you want a taster? Well, y'ere t'is!
This is sent out to Stevie B and Dave 'Sealyman' Seal

Bobby - Things Have Changed, Denmark 2011

1 comment:

sealy said...

Hey Swappers..thanks for that. Best live Dylan I've heard for a while..