portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, June 24, 2013


Things we have learned this week


  • I have absolutely no idea what ‘Game of Thrones’ is

Listen! Do You Wanna Know A Secret?


Cheltenham's GCHQ which is an impressive design that I note is mostly carpark
  • There is some hullabaloo about serious secrecy infringements over our personal details by agencies dripping with acronyms, our very own GCHQ and the American NSA using software programmes with names like PRISM and TEMPORA, which strikes me as funny. But then I don’t have any secrets. There is a notion that people have been exchanging links to my address (available in the telephone book) my telephone number (again available in the telephone book) my emails (again a bit of concern in that I send emails so people can read them, if you opened them without my knowledge I would be fine about it, in fact I would be amazed they wouldn’t put you to sleep in a relatively short space of time. Your welcome!) my Facebook account – really? You wanna look at my Facebook account? (See the details about emails, snoring is not permissible)  
I guess what does worry me about this is that being essentially run by moronic idiots who believe it is important to protect secrets from each other, that they may well stuff it up and find information they consider to be true and get the names wrong and start accusing all sorts of people with sharing secrets, beliefs and actions that aren’t theirs! You know like whistleblowers or people deciding to share the fact that people are collecting secrets about us and therefore breaking the official secrets act! It’s complicated but basically more proof should any be needed, we are being run by a bunch of paranoid retarded imbeciles. The whistleblower is to be charged with ‘spying’ by revealing essentially that they are ‘spying’ on us. Can we not therefore charge them with the same?

o      I have absolutely no idea who Andrea Begley is


      Cool Hand Luke “What we got here is... failure to communicate.”


Much more seriously a man has been shot by what I grew up calling the Wailing Wall, for saying out loud “Allahu akbar” which I understand to mean “God is great!’ which, despite my atheism, strikes me as a rather lovely thing to say in a famous place of worship and certainly not worth being shot for. Is it a matter of semantics? Or difficulty with the language.
For some context. the Western Wall as it now seems to be politcaly correct (sic!) to call, is considered to be the remnants of a supporting wall of the so called ‘Second Temple’ an important Jewish Temple believed to have been built by Herod, and amongst the most significant religious sites in Judaism.
Perched directly above it on the Temple Mount is the Al Aqsa mosque, where Muslims believe the Prophet Mohammed ascended to heaven. The wall is a wall for prayer and someone mentioning God being great in close proximity to it so that one of the guards shot him strikes me as extremely odd! He appears to have been shot 8 times!?
Sorry I don’t get it. But then I don’t understand why what is going on throughout the Arab world is being called an ‘Arab Spring’ or the behaviour of Sunnis and Shiites; sectarian violence in extremis, strikes me, as it has throughout the history of Christianity, being the absolute barbarism of the infidel. Along the lines of shooting female schoolchildren for their desire to learn or infibulation, or female circumcision or, lets call it like we see it, the genital mutilation of children, none of which can I find reference to in my copies of the Qur’an, the Bible or Torah.

o    I have no idea who Oliver Proudlock is


  • One of the longest running court cases with McDonalds dubbed the ‘McLibel’ case turns out all the hullabaloo was that ‘activists’ were infiltrated by the police who helped write a leaflet against McDonalds in the first place!? Is that irony? Can’t quite work it out! Millions of pounds created by law suits against people who were charged with something that police helped them with! Erm, moral bankruptcy anyone? Gross moral turpitude is a legal phrase I have heard that seems apposite

  • Ian Brady is back in the news, pleading to be considered sane so that he can be admitted to a ‘normal’ prison and be allowed to starve himself to death. He is quoted as saying the Moors murders were “an existential exercise” and ‘inconsequential’ by comparison with the numbers dying in wars, Afghanistan etc. So that’s that, as far as this reader is concerned . If ever there was needed a definition of psycho-sociopathology than murdering children as “an existential exercise”  then that will do for me! Society’s response, let us hope, is to keep him in Rushworth fed through a tube in the nose and enduring whatever miserable pitiful life he has until it peters out with not so much a clunk as a simper.

  • I have no understanding how a young woman called ‘Taylor Swift’ a supposed Country mewsic star, is worth multiple millions of dollars already having only just heard her singing (much against my wishes) This is truly awful pap of the worst kind and sounds so derivative as to be like so much aural wallpaper were it not for the whining. She has ‘’crossed over into pop’, I am reliably informed by my darling daughter. Well I just hope she doesn’t cross back over is all I can say.

  • Oh, and another teacher has been found guilty of paedophilia for his misplaced feelings for a 15 year old girl pupil. What is it with these men? I was struck by the account in court of his mouthing the words “I Love You” to her across the court room. She apparently mouthing “I’m sorry” back. It could not be more simple. You are in a position of responsibility for these CHILDREN. If, and I say IF, you have feelings of love towards one of them, love endures, is my understanding and can last a lifetime so you can wait until this person that you purport to ‘love’ can form an adult relationship with you. What is it about burgeoning sexual awakening that cannot wait? 
There was ten years between my Mother and Father and I was talking to a friend last week who had a fifteen years age difference in their parents. What, can you not imagine a situation where you have to wait for this person? Can you not control yourself to the point of abstinence from physical sexual activity? So much so that in your natural feelings of ‘love’ you abduct them to the continent? I don’t think so! Doesn’t that then make you a pervert? Then you do not deserve the role of ‘teacher’! You sir, are a child molester and paedophile and need to be restricted in your access to our youth from now and ever onwards. Forever!

  • While we are talking teaching profession, what qualification exactly does the awful Michael Gove have for completely and radically altering our teaching practice and examination system? By this I do not mean academic qualifications but work experience and professional qualifications to alter an entire system? He was educated at Oxford so his academic career is a given but wasn’t he a journalist by profession?  Parasitic vermin of the worst kind, second only to bankers and er, politicians!

Other than that I have no views on the matter. . . . . . . .

See ya inna minit people! Hang Loose!

No comments: