portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, August 11, 2013


PARIS IS BURNING (FINAL NIGHT)

Start with one and collect the set! 

Big O have posted the last night in Paris of His Bobness pre-Budokan 1978 Big Band gigs

As recent visitors dipping in to the Never Ending Tour soon discover, it is not every gig that is destined to become legendary but these Paris pre-Budokan sets are worth collecting and have generated much debate not least for the 're-arrangements' of classic songs, comments by Rob Stoner and people reporting how 'unhappy' Dylan was. Dylan unhappy is clearly not like us mere mortals. If I am unhappy I would tell you all where to get off and storm off in a blue funk, climb me a mountain and not come out for days. If this is unhappy pre-finding Jesus Bobby then give me that kind of trouble.

Personally I don't got to serve no-one!
 . . . . . . . . . but that's another story hey?

Catch 'em all now and decide which is best, I can't quite make up my mind but the quality is better than expected for late Seventies and the set list is great and the whole sheebang is worth adding to the Swappers Vaults down in the Dungeon
Enjoy!

No comments: