portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

 Alicia, David and Bob!


I note with interest after much heralded hullabaloo about David Byrne's musical extravaganza Here Lies Love about Imelda Marcos today that Billboard exclusively reports that Alicia Keys will take the stage with "rock legend" (sic!?) Byrne at 'Keep a Child Alive''s 11th Annual Black Ball event, a yearly gala offering first-time musical collaborations.
It crossed my mind as I checked the picture of her, that Bob Dylan wrote about her in a song (Thunder On The Mountain) and sometimes we can pause for a moment and truly understand why the muse may take us!
"I was thinking about Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from crying
When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line
I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be
I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee"
This year's Black Ball will take place on Oct. 30 at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York.

No comments: