portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, November 14, 2014

"HOWAAAAAAAAARHHHHHD!"

Mrs Wolowitz passes away!

Mrs Debbie Wolowitz' s first TV appearance

We have lost three actors this week

Sad to report, and I know I keep doing this but this week I was especially sad it seemed to me to note the passing of three character actors I admired. Not least Carol Ann Susi the voice actress who played Mrs Wolowitz, Howard's mother in The Big Bang Theory which I adore (since coming off my scooter last year I have probably watched every episode several times!) But I also noticed in the news that day that the glorious Warren Clarke from A Clockwork Orange and Dalziel and Pascoe fame passed away also after a sudden illness. I adored Warren and somehow always remembered the role he played in Clockwork Orange as particularly filled with studied pathos and supremely well acted. I would watch him in anything he did on the strength of that and loved his taciturn Dalziel and Pascoe role. Also sad to hear the lovely actor from Casualty, nurse Nina,  Rebekah Gibbs has died from cancer aged a mere 41. She was lovely and we felt a tremendous spirited actor. Our most sincere thoughts are with the families of these wonderful actors
Warren Clarke in A Clockwork Orange

In Dalziel and Pascoe








Sad loss, R.I.P. one and all

No comments: