portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Kevin Ayers

'Shooting at The Moon' by Galen Ayers


A fascinating article review over at Aquarium Drunkard with links to the new book about Kevin Ayers and his songs lovingly researched and meticulously archived and documented by his daughter





Galen Ayers said: ‘It has taken me the best part of 5 years to get Kevin’s musical legacy in order, and this book is set to be the crown jewel of the estate… Editing and curating this book I revisited, remembered and clarified many ‘unsolved mysteries’ that were missing in my understanding of my father’s life-narrative, and this has proven both transformative and necessary.’


 

“He never felt the need to explain himself, so I guess he couldn’t be misunderstood. He had no real interest in what ‘others’ thought of him.” 
Galen Ayers

2 comments:

Jobe said...

Andy I came across some Velvet Underground boots, and am wondering if you have them, let me know and I will post them if you don't have them they are
1.La Cave Cleveland Ohio Jan. or Feb. 69 (incomplete)
2.The Boston Tea Party Jan 10 1969
3.Boston Tea Party March 13, and March 15 1969
4.Concertgebouw Amsterdam November 19 1971 (without Lou)
5.Boston Tea Party July 11 1969
6.Hilltop Pop Festival New Hampshire August 2 1969
7.The End Of Cole Ave. Dallas Texas October 18 1969
Also John Cale New Jersey, December 1988
Lou Reed London, July 14 1972
All of these are audience recordings so you know, the quality is not gonna be the best. I'm only going to post these if "YOU" need any of these. You've been very supportive of our sites, for a long time, and I'd like to pay you back, and beside it's the time of the season for giving. So anyway I'll watch this spot and you let me know

Jobe

Andy Swapp said...

Aww Jobe thanks so much for this note. It means a great deal and that is SO generous of you to offer these. I would give a miss to the Boston Tea Party versions as I have pretty much all of those. Not so interested in the 'without Lou' one either. The others are of interest. The End of Cole Ave is unknown to me and the Cale from 88 I don't think I have or the Lou in London 72 I don't think, so any of those would be of interest. Thanks so much for keeping in touch and dropping by with such a cool offer! Much appreciated and all the best to everyone at your end! All power to you guys and here's wishing you all the very best of the season
Have a Cool (Doug) Yule!!!