portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, June 03, 2011

A few posts today for the weekend........about as wide a range as I can muster.........from Edinburgh based 'undiscovered' wonders Ballboy from the John Peel Sessions to Joe Cocker in Los Angeles in 1976.........a fine set to help you raise a bigbadboogieboybop for the end of the week.....to Frank Zappa and the Good Captain Beefheart live in Providence in 1975 from my favourite period of their collaboration..........over on their respective pages..........(huh? ED) .......that's Ballboy over on the music page and Joe and Frank over on the My Back Pages page................get it.....got it?.........good!

find Ballboy here...down the bottom of the page


Find the Frank here......down at the bottom......   

Find Joe live in LA here.........down the bottom of the page
Can you dig it? I think you can!................

oh Ok, I'll tell you what lets' throw in some Lou Reed too.......I have gone on record as adoring the work of John Cale and the Velvet Underground were a seminal part of my growing into whoever it is that I am now.....but Lou was important too.....and this set is the band that I loved from the live period par excellence that brought us the peerless 'Rock 'n' Roll Animal'
Find Lou here.......................right down the bottom
Enjoy!

No comments: