portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

DISAPPEARING NEW YORK

When I first went to New York with the company I then worked for (Pomegranate Inc. from San Francisco) I found it enlightening to say the least from visiting artists's loft's in Downtown Manhattan, trips in Brooklyn and TriBeCa and on the first visit ended up passing shops that really took my eye. So I was overjoyed to find these posted recently . . . .





These shots are from here The Disappearing Face of New York, Store Front II

Also I found this great shot too by Charles Cushman



Lower Manhattan street scene, from 1960, by Charles Cushman.  Gothamist ran a feature today about the Cushman photo archive, including a helpful link and nine other gorgeous photos like this one.  Check it out here,

I loved the Bars and Grills we went to when staying for Trade Fairs in New York. Tom and Katie Burke my employers at Pomegranate always knew the greatest places to stop and eat for breakfast and in dinners I had only seen in films or dreamed still existed.



No comments: