portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, July 28, 2016

BEFORE THE FLOOD COMPLETE




I bought 'Before the Flood' when it came out in the UK and had first heard it round a house near where I live now where a few real 'heads' lived and they were playing it really LOUD. It captured something in me that day and has stayed a favourite album both a favourite Bod Dylan album,  a favourite Band also and perhaps one of my top favourite live albums of all time. 'Most Likely You Go Your Way (and I'll Go Mine)' is one of my favourite live [& angry] songs of all time. Knowing that they had recorded quite a stack of material made it all the more tantalising over the years since and many different bootlegs surfaced both this version from the wonderful Midnight Cafe blog is about the best I have ever heard. So thinks for this Mat over that at the cafe and for the rest of you download this now! Supreme artwork, great notes and a crisp recording and one for the archives and no mistake


No comments: